Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

S.O.U.L.


I'm at it again with yet another digital color project from Nate Miller's up and coming Dominion Press Comics. This piece is a pin-up featuring the main characters from the S.O.U.L. title: Showtime (back) Hakeem (lower right), Honey, (lower left) and Hood (right). Sanford Green crafted the original line art. I love the crisp sponteneity in his work. The vingetting of the overall compostion actually made laying in the base colors easier than usual. I'm shooting for a vibrant anime inspired palette with a painterly feel and also experimenting with a bit of rim lighting.

I'm working in Photoshop CS2 with a single color layer for the line art, plus two adjustment layers with the back ground gradients. I'm also considering adding in a NASA shot of the mood to add just a twinge of realism to the scene.

Onward!

No comments: