Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Falcon Shenanigans

As I continue to grapple with my aversion to making fan art something just short of magical happened Thursday night at the Quick Draw SF event.

I had a blast sketching six vehicles based on the Millennium Falcon from the Star Wars films. Each ship had a name based on an idiomatic term or expression for a duration of time. My favorites were the "Whythehelldeytakinsolong Falcon" and the "Minute-Plus Falcon". I think Lando Calrissian would appreciate these names, don't you?

I hadn't had this much fun jamming on a topic since the "karju" series started in October of 2014. In fact, I liked these little Falcons so much that I couldn't put a price on them. They combine my love for cartooning and those last, dying embers from a childhood dream of working at Lucasfilm.

As always, thank you to Shayna Yasuhara and Jason Furie for putting the event together and for having me as a guest artist again. It was great meeting some new folks and seeing some really good art.

No comments: